I missed the Five for Friday last week. This wasn't because there was no Friday, because clearly there was, it was because I was too busy looking for the Easter Egg my husband bought for me. I'm still looking. Which leads me to believe either a) he hid it really well or b) there is no easter egg. You decide.
Things I discovered during the last week:
1. If you really, really, don't want to win a raffle, don't say "I hope I don't win this" as you hand over $1 and sign your name against a ticket. Yes. First prize winner. No. I didn't eat it. Not all of it anyway. I do suspect it is the reason my husband didn't buy me an easter egg though. Poor confused man hears me talking about how a basket full of chocolate is the last thing I need and then in the next breath I ask where my freakin easter is.
Glad I'm not a guy. Girls are so confusing.
2. Clever investments pay off. We saved for these gloves and pads. Jacob is into his boxing, I do a little bit of boxing and this gear isn't cheap. I wasn't sure whether to invest but I'm glad I did because the whole family is loving it.
Do you like my Abs? Ok so if you thought you were going to see a pic of my rock-hard abdominals *coughcoughsarcasm*, you were wrong - this is my Abs, Abby. You know. Abs is short for Abby. Anyway. If you've not boxed before, it's seriously one of the best upper body workouts ever.
I especially love this pic below - the one where we can all quite clearly see Abby thinking "Oh my goodness I could totally smash Jacob right now and claim it was a boxing move gone wrong"
3. Instagram is massive. And I mean #massive. I'm just figuring it out. I didn't realise how massive it was. It's like a whole 'nother facebook but with pics. It's another online thing to suck time and make you wish your house was tidier, your body thinner and your food yummier. And it has hash-tags. At first I was skeptical. I avoided instagram for a long time but you soon realise it becomes almost a neccessity because of it's marketing potential. And I'm down with the hash-tag thing now, I totally know what I'm doing #sarcasm #Idontreallyhaveanyidea #mykidshelpalot.
For those of you that want to visit me on Instragram, my user name is NicHowardNZ. I'm currently working my way through a MotivateMe 30 day health/fitness pictorial challenge on there. Throwing myself in the deep end is one way to learn instagram. #learningfast
On a side note - my kids now 'hashtag' in conversations. Seriously. Picture this - world war 3 in the back of the car between the kids on the way home from somewhere. Out of the middle of it comes a voice "hashtag family feud". Seriously?
4. We have some of the best teachers. Right here. Downunder.
The reaction to the release of our September event Prima ArtVenture teachers was humbling really. We really do have some of the best teachers right here in little old NZ and Australia. Visit here to see the teachers and a little bio about each of them.
And I totally forgive the person that emailed me and said "Oh my GOODNESS I hope you won't be offended when I don't take any of your classes, Nic, because Janine Kocz-howeveryouspellit and Louise Nelson are coming to NEW ZEALAND!!!".
it's ok. I understand. #sigh
5. Anyone can do the Harlem Shake. And it's even funnier when you know the people involved. I have spent time with these people and it cracks me up seeing them do this stuff. I even see the guy I've been organising Prima ArtVenture with. He's cute in a hardhat. I wonder if I could convince 130 ladies at a retreat to do this anytime soon?
Love that Finnabair's CHA Artwork joined in the Harlem Shuffle too....
Enjoy your weekend. Laters.