* I've been invited to a 40th. There's a wake up call - my friends are turning 40. This latest party I've been invited to will have many friends I haven't seen for 25 years. It can't be 25 years. I'm not that old. Apparently I am though and I'm feeling the pressure of catching up with people I haven't seen since I was a teenager. Things can't have changed that much. Can they?
* Someone in New Zealand successfully started a campaign to bring back the 'Chocoade' biscuits they haven't seen since the 1980s. If one person can do it, surely another can? Let's bring back Blue Hawaii wine cooler. You know. In the casks. You do know, right? I want to bring it back so I can take a cask down to the local park, wait for the sprinklers to be turned on the cricket pitch and lie in the water and drink the cask with my bestie. Just like the old days. Is that something that 40 year olds do?
* I just realised my Mum & Dad will be mortified when they read the above. Mum. Dad. It was 25 years ago. And it was just lemonade. And we were studying. True.
* Dear the maker of skinny jeans trends. Clearly I didn't suceed in getting skinny jeans banned despite my enthusiastic efforts last year. I still believe they don't have a place in our society, they are clearly dangerous, circulation being cut off, body parts being squeezed far too tight, not to mention the accidents that could happen if they need to be taken off, you know, quickly, at any point. So not only are they still trendy, but they are now coming out in ridiculous colours. Green, tomato red, yellow, indigo blue. It's like one last laugh at those of us trying to hold on to the last threads of our youth. Please. Stop. with. the. skinny. jeans. trends. Or at least bring back Miami Wine cooler so we don't care how we look.
* A share. This layout was published in Issue 94 of Scrapbook Creations in Australia and was also part of my 'SongBird' Kit. Dangit, we might be old but we are still cute, right? Right?