Five for Friday:
1. Olympics start tomorrow and we are ready.
We have Abby made olympic torches for each family on display in our lounge. Since this pic was taken we have more added. A green-on-green one for Auntie Nancy in London and a green-on-orange one for Uncle Vaughan. Who have both seen the torch carried into London in person. How cool is that.
(Ps those of you in Timaru - that little piece of driftwood was picked up on the beach there when we visited in 2011 (I think it was?), it was a present for the grandparents for their garden but it's still at our house... )
2. I've caught the common man flu and as a result you'll find that Chicken Cuppa-Soup has now been moved to the "Totally acceptable to serve to your family for dinner" list.
3. Neener. Neener. Neener. This means the days are getting longer. Summer is getting closer. So encouraging. (photo has been edited for my Project Life album)
4. Tell me. Why do PE teachers still use the "Here are 2 leaders, now each have turns picking a team from a class of 33" method of choosing teams? What's wrong with walking through the line of kids tapping their heads going 1,2,1,2,1,2? It's a long time standing while people are being picked around you, and then ending up standing there last. Just say the last child already had esteem issues that have taken a lot of work. Just say that really affected that last child standing. Just sayin'.
5. I've joined The Color Room team of designers. My contributions thus far have been nothing less than pathetic, I intend to change that when work settles a little. It's an amazing resource and I joined because I wanted to be pushed outside my zone a little. I'm usually given the products to scrap with, so I don't have a choice in what I use. The Colour Room means I get free reign, as long as I stay within a colour palette. That's pretty cool. And outright terrifying actually. My first attempt was a few weeks ago, palette 117. Cute kid huh?