Autumn arrived today. How do I know this? Not just because it was March 1st, but because I could barely walk to the mailbox without being blown away and I debated making Penny walk herself. Actually I made the kids walk her. Mean Mum.
It's been a long day, I'm a tired Mum as well as a mean one, I was awake all night listening to the heavy rain knowing my baby was trying to sleep in 3 person tent on school camp. I picked her up today and was able to ring the water out of her pillow. She was soaked. She's asleep already.
March 1st has also bought the start of the photo a day challenge and I know a lot of people are doing this along with me.
Today's prompt was 'up'.
I could have done a pile of different things today.
* The time on the clock when I got up this morning.
* The amount of umbrellas up as the kids walked to school this morning.
* The price of fuel (seriously, the most I've ever paid, or perhaps the car was extra empty lol)
* The sky
* The cicada up in the tree trying to pretend it was still summer.
* Penny (growing up so fast).
I chose to wait til the rain stopped and lie under the tree and take a pic. Some of you might argue this leaf looks questionable and I might have chosen it for my 'up' prompt because it looks suspiciously like it may get me high. Um no. It's a maple. It's in my backyard and I lay under it and took a pic.
Not the best pic but I'm not a photographer and I had nil idea on how to take a photo with a glary sky behind. Doesn't matter. That's not what it's about, right?