It was the Auckland marathon today. I've thought for the past couple of years that I'd like to participate in one of the smaller events of the day. One that goes up and over the bridge. That'd be cool. I did try and register this year but clearly I was too late (who would have thought that it'd sell out so quick). Next year. Next year is my year. Congrats to everyone that reached their goals today. I did walk nearly 9km in your honour. The streets of Pukekohe weren't nearly as exciting, even with Miley Cyrus on the ipod.
And so another weekend ends.
* The weekend we planted out the rest of our vegies for summer.
* The weekend my first gladioli flower bloomed - that's really early. I love Gladioli.
* The weekend my doctor told me to treat my sons' 2 infected ears with hayfever medication. (How's that working for us? It's not - wonder whether hayfever medication will work for the throat infection he now has as well?)
* The weekend I booked my plane tickets to go to Timaru in February, teaching at Embellish It!
* The weekend I fell asleep at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon reading my latest book, digging to Australia.
* The weekend I am reminded, at 4.30am, why I don't drink wine. I shouldn't drink wine.
And lastly, this is the weekend after the weekend when we went searching for this.
And we found it.
And the kids couldn't have been prouder.